It is a special day to celebrate Dads! Read on for a great selection of quotes from celebrities, philosophers and more!
1. My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person: He believed in me.
– Jim Valvano
2. Fatherhood is great because you can ruin someone from scratch.
– Jon Stewart
3. Anyone can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a dad, and that’s why I call you dad, because you are so special to me. You taught me the game and you taught me how to play it right.
– Wade Boggs
4. Father’s Day is hopefully a time when the culture says, ‘This is our moment to look at who our men and boys are.’
– Michael Gurian
5. There should be a children’s song: ‘If you’re happy and you know it, keep it to yourself and let your dad sleep.’
– Jim Gaffigan
6. I found out that I’m a pretty bad father. I make a lot of mistakes and I don’t know what I’m doing. But my kids love me. Go figure.
– Louis C.K.
7. A good father is one of the most unsung, unpraised, unnoticed, and yet one of the most valuable assets in our society.
– Billy Graham
8. The nicest Father’s Day surprise of all for Dad would be if you handed him a box, and he unwrapped it, and there, inside, sitting on a bed of folded tissue, was the pair of his undershorts that somebody threw away six months ago (without asking Dad) because they had reached the stage where they were 3 percent undershorts and 97 percent holes. Dad misses those undershorts. They were his Faithful Undershorts Companion.
– Dave Barry
9. They say that from the instant he lays eyes on her, a father adores his daughter. Whoever she grows up to be, she is always to him that little girl in pigtails. She makes him feel like Christmas. In exchange, he makes a secret promise not to see the awkwardness of her teenage years, the mistakes she makes or the secrets she keeps.
10. The only Father’s Day tradition in my family is the annual conversation he and I have where I say, ‘Hey, Dad, what do you want for Father’s Day this year?’ and he says, ‘Nothing.’ Then I ask my mom what I should get him and she says, ‘He likes sandalwood soap, dangly jewelry and Chanel No 5 perfume.’
– Michael Showalter
HAPPY FATHER’S DAY!
To receive similar content, “Like” us on Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/niagarabuzz.ca
Let us know what you think!