According to police, on Friday September 18th 2015, Niagara Regional Police were called to a domestic disturbance on Broadway Ave in the City of Welland. While investigating the disturbance, officers observed drugs within the residence. The occupants were subsequently arrested and a search warrant was obtained by members of the Welland Detective Office in order to search the house for drugs.
As a result of the search warrant, officers seized approximetely $750 worth of cocaine, marijuana and psilocyban (magic mushrooms) along with several indicators of trafficking. $875 worth of cash was seized as property obtained by crime and $1400 of suspected stolen property was seized. Two prohibited weapons were seized, namely brass knuckles and a butterfly knife. A variety of other weapons and items such as BB guns, baseball bats, handcuffs, and a bullet proof vest were seized as they were strategically placed around the location where the drugs and cash were stored.
Daniel LELAY (27 yrs) and Tammi-Lynn STEVENS (31 yrs) have both been charged with the following:
1) Possession of a Schedule I Substance (Cocaine) for the Purpose of Trafficking
2) Possession of a Schedule II Substance (Marijuana) for the Purpose of Trafficking
3) Possession of a Schedule III Substance (Psilocybin) for the Purpose of Trafficking
4) Possession of Property obtained by Crime under $5000
5) Possession of Property obtained by Crime under $5000
6) Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited Weapon (brass knuckles)
7) Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited Weapon (butterfly knife)
8) Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose
Tammi-Lynn STEVENS will face additional charges as a result of the domestic disturbance:
2) Assault with a Weapon
Both parties are being held in custody and are scheduled for a bail hearing in the City of St Catharines on Saturday September 19th 2015.
To receive similar updates, like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/niagarabuzz.ca