UPDATE – On February 29, 2016 officers responded to an address in area of Front Street and Clairmont Street in Thorold. Officers contained the residence having learned STILES may be inside. STILES exited the residence and surrendered himself to officers with out incident. He was arrested and will attend a bail hearing on March 1, 2016 at the Robert S. K. Welch Courthouse in St. Catharines and the Niagara Regional Police would like to thank the public for their assistance in this investigation.
Police say, on Saturday February 27, 2016, at approximately 4:10AM the Niagara Regional Police Service (NRPS) Communications Unit received a 911 call to a house in the area of Queen Street and Goderich Street in Fort Erie. Uniform officers from the #5 District Fort Erie office of the NRPS responded to the house for a report of a disturbance involving a man and a woman.
The woman fled the house to meet with officers. Officers received information that the male may be armed with firearms. Uniform officers contained the residence with the assistance of the NRPS Emergency Task Unit, the K9 Unit and the 5 District Criminal Investigation Branch.
Officers entered the residence and found a 2 month old infant inside unharmed asleep. The man fled the residence prior to police arrival. The woman suffered minor injuries.
As a result of this incident 21 year old Fort Erie resident Joshua Earl STILES is wanted for:
- Forcible Entry contrary to section 73 of the Criminal Code of Canada
- Assault contrary to section 266 of the Criminal Code of Canada
- Mischief Under $5000 contrary to section 430(4) of the Criminal Code of Canada
- Utter Treats contrary to section 264.1(1)(a) of the Criminal Code of Canada
- Assault with a weapon contrary to section 267(a) of the Criminal Code of Canada
- Pointing a firearm contrary to section 87(1) of the Criminal Code of Canada
- Possession of a firearm other than restricted contrary to section 91(1) of the Criminal Code of Canada (2 counts)
- Use of a firearm in the commission of an offence contrary to section 85(1)(a) of the Criminal Code of Canada
- Forcible confinement contrary to section 279(2) of the Criminal Code of Canada
- Careless storage of a Firearm contrary to section 86(1) of the Criminal Code of Canada (2 counts)
- Fail to comply with a probation order contrary to section 733.1(1) of the Criminal Code of Canada
Stiles current whereabouts is unknown.
At present STILES should be considered armed and dangerous. Do not confront or approach STILES. If anyone knows the present location of STILES they are asked to call 911.
Information can also be provided through Crimes Stoppers of Niagara.
Family and friends of STILES who may be in contact with him should direct him to contact a lawyer and arrange a safe and peaceful surrender/resolution to this matter.
To receive similar content, “Like” us on Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/niagarabuzz.ca