On Friday July 15, 2016 at approximately 4:24 PM police say a lone male suspect entered the Tremont Pharmacy on Tremont Drive in the City of St.Catharines and then produced a weapon and obtained a quantity of narcotics from the staff. As the result of an ongoing investigation on Monday July 18, 2016, members of the Niagara Regional Police Service 1 District Detective Office assisted by members of PAVIS Unit identified the individual responsible for the armed robbery at the pharmacy.
The investigation led Officers to an upscale hotel located in the City of Niagara Falls. When investigators attended the hotel, they observed the accused walking in the area. As the Officers approached the accused, the accused fled on foot. The officers pursued the accused to the intersection of Fallsview Blvd. and Murray Hill where the accused was apprehended with the assistance of an on-duty Niagara Parks Police Officer.
Arrested and charged with the following offences was forty-one year old Guy J. LAVALLEY of No Fixed Address;
1. Robbery with a Firearm Sec. 344(1)(a) CC
2. Disguised with Intent Sec. 351(2) CC
3. Pointing a Firearm Sec. 87(1) CC
4. Possession of a Firearm contrary to Prohibition Order – Sec. 117.01(1) CC
5. Possession of a Schedule 1 Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking Sec. 5(2) CDSA
6. Possession of Proceeds of Crime Sec. 355(b) CC
7. Fail to Comply with Probation Order Sec. 733.1(1) CC
LAVALLEY was scheduled to appear in St. Catharines Bail Court on July 19th, 2016.
To receive similar content, “Like” us on Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/niagarabuzz.ca