Mahatma Gandhi counselled, “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever”. One never stops learning.
So let’s see from this quiz how much you learned this past year…
- 20 studies show that moderate drinkers live longer than teetotalers or alcoholics.
- North Americans with low levels of potassium are more likely to suffer a stroke due to a blood clot.
- UTI E Drops is an effective natural remedy to treat common E.coli urinary infections without the side-effects of antibiotics.
- Bypass surgery is more technically more difficult in women since they have smaller coronary arteries than men.
- Colonoscopy is superior to preventing colon cancer than checking the stool for blood.
- Medical care is the main cause of death in North America.
- Having sex once a week burns up 2,500 calories a year. Jogging 25 miles just once has the same effect.
- Consuming more fiber is a sound way to fight the epidemic of obesity and Type 2 diabetes.
- The use of intravenous vitamin C in large doses can cure viral diseases such as meningitis, encephalitis, poliomyelitis and viral pneumonia.
- The use of cholesterol-lowering drugs is associated with a 25 to 50 percent increased risk of Type 2 diabetes.
- If an ultrasound incidentally discovers a large stone in the gallbladder, which is not causing symptoms, there is usually no need for surgery. The best treatment is to leave it for the crematorium later in life.
- The most hazardous years of life for children are between 16 and 17. The problem is driving, especially when other teenage passengers are in the car. Just having a second teenage passenger increases the risk of an accident by a whopping 44 percent.
- Dr. Theodore Dalrymple, a British prison doctor, says that withdrawal of heroin from addicts is no more painful than having the flu.
- It is a myth that men who get kicked in the groin are more likely to develop testicular cancer.
- Never ask for an aisle seat on a plane as it’s the most likely one to be contaminated with a number of germs.
- Lightning just doesn’t kill golfers. Two women in London, England, were killed when lightning struck their wired bras.
- Dr, Morgentaler, a Montreal urologist, believes it is wrong to deprive men of testosterone when they are diagnosed with low levels of the male hormone.
- A Japanese study revealed that bald men have a greater risk of coronary disease.
- If a hip or knee is causing only minor discomfort, think twice before agreeing to surgery. This major surgery is best done only when joint pain is affecting one’s quality of life.
- It is madness not to have a Living Will as the lack of it may result in weeks or months of needless end of life suffering.
- A vertical MRI will diagnose about 20 percent more lesions missed by a horizontal one. In Canada there is only one standing MRI.
- Neo40 is a poorly known natural remedy that dilates coronary arteries to decrease the risk of heart attack and hypertension. It can also benefit those suffering from erectile dysfunction. Its discoverers were awarded the Noble Prize.
- Coenzyne Q10 provides energy to the heart. Patients who are taking cholesterol-lowering drugs need Q10 as this medication robs the heart of energy.
- Eastgate Biotech Corp, a Canadian research company, has produced an oral insulin pill. But Health Canada says further studies must be done before this monumental discovery becomes available to diabetics.
- Diagnos, a Montreal mining company, has developed a smart computer that can diagnose early degeneration of the eye’s retina due to Type 2 diabetes. This early diagnosis and treatment will save millions of people from blindness.
To receive similar content, “Like” us on Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/niagarabuzz.ca