Santa Claus is coming to town this weekend in St. Catharines but his reindeers will be changing up the route a bit…
The parade which kicks off this Sunday at 1 p.m. will follow a new route through the downtown core, starting and ending near Meridian Centre where there will be lots of festive activities going on this year.
The procession will start on McGuire Street near the Meridian Centre, turn north onto Carlisle Street and west onto St. Paul Street, before ending at the corner of Queen Street.
Parade organizers say that the idea is to make it easier for folks out to enjoy the parade to then join in on the holiday activities taking place at the arena following the parade.
As the parade ends, kids will have a chance to meet Santa Claus. There will also be crafts, face painting and pony rides in the arena’s parking lot. There’s also free skating at the Meridian Centre until 4 p.m.
The parade itself will be another great family outing this year featuring marching bands, schools, local businesses and community groups.
Volunteers will be on hand during the day to collect non-perishable food, hats and mittens along the parade route for Community Care of St. Catharines and Thorold.
Canada Post workers will be collecting letters for Santa along the parade route.
MERIDIAN CENTRE LINEUP
2 pm – 4 pm – you don’t have to skate to enjoy the festivities
- Visit with Santa – bring your own camera for photos with Santa from 2 pm – 4pm.
- Kids Crafts
- Face Painting
- Pony Rides (outside)
- Concession booth is open
- These activities can be found on the concourse level unless otherwise stated.
Visit the Meridian Centre website for information on directions and parking
- Please use the Rankin Gateway
- Doors open at 1:30 pm with access to change rooms to lace-up.
- Everyone 14 years of age and younger must wear a helmet while on the ice.
- No Equipment on the ice (sticks, pucks, etc…)
- Only plastic skating aids are permitted
- The Meridian Centre does not rent out skates or provide helmets
What: City of St. Catharines Santa Claus Parade
When: Sunday, Nov. 19, 2017, 1:00 p.m. (rain, snow or shine)
Where: Starting up at McGuire Street near the Meridian Centre and ending at the corner of Queen Street. For more information visit the City of St. Catharines website: www.stcatharines.ca
To receive similar content, “Like” us on Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/niagarabuzz.ca