It is a great weekend in the niagara region for everyone to get out and enjoy some of the festive holiday season action on the go. Let’s take a look at some of the top pics coming up…
In Niagara Falls we have the Santa Claus Parade on Sat. Nov 18 that starts at 11 am in Downtown Niagara Falls (Queen St). This year’s parade will feature 12 marching bands including: Collingwood Collegiate Institute Marching Band, Impact of Hamilton Drum and Bugle Corps, Downbeat Percussion, The Hit Men Brass Band, Orchard Park High School Quaker Marching Band, PK Hummingbird Steel Orchestra, the Grimsby Pipe Band, the MaracaTALL bandand so much more including Santa himself.
The Parade Route begins at 11:00 am on Victoria Avenue at Armoury Street, and travels north along Victoria Avenue, turning right onto Valley Way, right onto Queen Street and ending at Niagara Falls City Hall.
During the Parade:
- The Salvation Army will be giving away free Hot Chocolate at the Rosberg Family Park.
- Free Face Painting, Balloons and Caricatures near City Hall.
- Canada Post will be collecting letters to Santa along the Parade route. Please remember to include a return address, so Santa can answer your letter!
- Project SHARE will be collecting food donations along the Parade route.
- Tim Hortons will be giving away free coffee, hot chocolate a lattes at the corner of Valley Way and Queen Street.
After the Parade at Niagara Falls City Hall:
- Meet & Greet with Santa Claus & Mrs. Claus
- 283 Performing Arts Company will perform immediately before Santa
- Live Performance by local country artist Chelsea Crites. Chelsea recently signed a record deal with Sonorous Records.
- Enjoy entertainment from Kobbler Jay, Jack Frost and Bella Snow
- Get busy at the Kids Crafts Area with Lee Valley Tools
- Visit Niagara Dog Rescue and our Parade sponsors: GoodLife Fitness, Autovalue Hyundai, & Brock Ford Sales
In Welland, Santa will arrive tomorrow as well for the city’s annual holiday parade beginning at 4 p.m. at Canadian Tire Financial Services on the corner of East Main and Wellington. For more information CLICK HERE.
The St. Catharines Santa Claus Parade will happen 1:00 p.m. (rain, snow or shine) with a new route and lots of action happening at the Meridian Centre. For more information CLICK HERE.
Also this weekend, the highly anticipated Winter Festival of Lights kicks off its 35th season Saturday night. For full details CLICK HERE.
The opening ceremony is set for 5:45 p.m. in Queen Victoria Park when the switch will be thrown lighting up more than 2 million lights throughout the Niagara Parkway.
BOTTOM LINE: Lots of free stuff to do with the family to welcome in this festive time of year. ENJOY!
To receive similar content, “Like” us on Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/niagarabuzz.ca