Police say that the Welland Street Crime Unit began an investigation into the allegations that two men were selling heroin and fentanyl.
Yesterday the investigation wrapped with two arrests and a Controlled Drugs and Substances Act search warrant.
As a result of this investigation, Tony Peterson, a 51 year old resident of Welland and Peter Pizzacalla a 56 year old resident of Welland, Ontario are charged with:
1. Possession of a schedule I substance (fentanyl), for the purpose of trafficking
2. Possession of a schedule I substance (heroin), for the purpose of trafficking
3. Possession of a schedule I substance(methamphetamine)
4. Possession of a Prohibited Weapon
5. Possession of proceeds of property obtained by crime under $5000
Tony Peterson is additionally charged with two counts of breach of probation. Both men will be held in custody pending a bail hearing in St Catharines today.
To receive similar content, “Like” us on Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/niagarabuzz.ca