This recipe makes fluffy, creamy sweet potatoes seasoned with fall spices and topped with a cinnamon pecan streusel topping! Forget recipes that just season the sweet potatoes with sugar, these fresh sweet potatoes are baked in the oven before getting whipped to light, creamy perfection with a mixer. They are then seasoned with white sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, ginger, light cream, and butter!! HEAVEN!!!!
If that wasn’t enough, these sweet potatoes are topped with a yummy, crunch topping of chopped pecans, brown sugar, flour, butter and cinnamon and baked to a golden brown beauty!
Sweet potato casserole makes the perfect dish for holidays or sunday dinners. It taste great hot and cold.
- 3 medium sweet potatoes (about 3 cups of mashed sweet potatoes)
- ½ cup of half-n-half
- ¼-1/2 cup white sugar
- ¼-1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1-2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- few pinches of ground cloves
- few pinches of ground ginger
- few pinches of ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1-2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1-2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of chopped pecans
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- few dashes of cinnamon
- 5 Tablespoon butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Punch a few holes in the sweet potatoes with a fork.
- Bake for 1 hour or until fork-tender.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Turn the oven down to 325 degrees.
- Slice the sweet potatoes and use a spoon to scrape the tender insides into a large bowl.
- Mash the potatoes up with a potato masher to break up any large pieces.
- Add in the half-n-half
- Mix the sweet potato mixture thoroughly until creamy.
- Mix in the brown sugar, white sugar, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, nutmeg and butter.
- Add in the flour to thicken if needed and mix well.
- Taste the mixture to make sure it taste good and sweet (but not to sweet since we still have that yummy sweet topping to add to it. Add in more spices to suit your taste buds if needed.)
- Add in the eggs and mix well.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into a 9X9 inch pan. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, add in all of the topping ingredients. Stir until crumbly.
- Spoon the topping mixture evenly on top of the sweet potato mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
SOURCE: Divas Can Cook and YouTube
To receive similar content, “Like” us on Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/niagarabuzz.ca