Poice say, on December 31, 2015, at approximately 6:00AM uniform officers from the St. Catharines office of the Niagara Regional Police Service (NRPS), along with Niagara Emergency Medical Services (NEMS) and the St. Catharines Fire Service responded to the Sobeys Store on Glendale Avenue in St. Catharines.
Officers arrived on-scene to find a white pickup truck embedded in a brick wall. Police located the male driver and a 22 year old male passenger, both suffering from what is believed to be minor injuries. The males were treated at the scene and the driver was transported by NEMS to an area hospital.
There were no other persons injured.
While at the scene the driver of the pickup truck, a 17 year old male from St. Catharines was arrested. He faces the following charges:
– Impaired operation of a motor vehicle by drug
– Dangerous operation of a motor vehicle
– Possession of a schedule I substance (Cocaine)
– Possession of a schedule IV substance (Xanax)
– Take motor vehicle without consent
– Possession of a prohibited/restricted weapon
– Fail to submit to drug evaluation / Peace officer demand
The 17 year old male was released at the hospital on an Officer in Charge Promise to Appear Undertaking with numerous conditions.
The name of the 17 year old male is not being released in accordance with the Youth Criminal Justice Act.
To receive similar content, “Like” us on Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/niagarabuzz.ca