Five individuals are facing charges after a drug trafficking investigation in St. Catharines, Thorold and Welland was completed, according to police.
On Thursday January 2, 2020, with the assistance of the Emergency Task Unit (ETU) search warrants were executed at residences in the area of Port Robinson Rd and Kottmeier Rd in the City of Thorold, Kent St and Regent St in the City of Welland and Fruitland Rd and Arvin Ave in the City of Hamilton.
As a result, investigators have seized over $34 000 in crystal methamphetamine, $29 000 in fentanyl, Over $20 000 in cocaine along with $2500 in hydromorphone, $39 000 in currency.
Also seized were five (5) firearms along with over 200 rounds of ammunition and brass knuckles.
39-year-old Jeffery England and 34-year-old Jessica Travers, both of the City of Thorold, are facing the following alleged charges:
– 3 counts of possession for purpose of trafficking a controlled substance
– 1 count of possession of proceeds obtained by crime
– 1 count Possession of a Loaded Restricted Firearm P
– 1 count Possession of a Restricted Firearm with Ammunition
– 1 count Careless Storage of a Firearm
– 1 count Unauthorized Possession of a Restricted Firearm
– 1 count Possession of a Restricted Firearm Knowingly Unauthorized
36-year-old Chris Arnoczki and 29-year-old Joanne Short, both of the City of Welland are facing the following alleged charges:
– 4 counts of possession for the purpose of trafficking a controlled substance
– Possession of proceeds obtained by crime under $5000
– 4 counts Careless storage of Firearm
– 5 counts Possession of a Firearm or Ammunition
– 1 Possession of a Loaded Restricted Firearm
– Possession of a Restricted Firearm with Ammunition
– 4 counts Unauthorized Possession of a Restricted Firearm
28-year-old Shawn Marsh of the City of Welland is facing the following alleged charges:
– 2 counts of possession of a controlled substance
England, Travers, Arnoczki, Short and Marsh were all currently being held in custody pending a bail hearing on Friday January 3, 2020 at the Robert S.K. Welch Courthouse in St. Catharines.
To receive similar content, “Like” us on Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/niagarabuzz.ca