Niagara Health understands the overwhelming concern with COVID-19 and its impact on the Niagara region and in response continues to make updates to the daily case update report.
Niagara Health reminds the community of the seriousness of this pandemic and encourages everyone to follow the directions of regional, provincial and federal healthcare experts. You can help limit the spread of COVID-19 by:
- Wearing a mask.
- Practicing physical distancing.
- Cleaning your hands often.
- Staying home if you’re sick.
- Keeping within your small social bubbles.
- Getting tested when appropriate.
COVID-19 Activity at Niagara Health
As of April 18, 2021, 10 a.m. *
|Status of COVID-19 Activity at Niagara Health||Number|
|Total patients tested||126,483|
|Total cases tested positive **||8,256|
|Total number of patients with COVID-19 admitted to date||685|
|Current number of admitted patients being treated for COVID-19||66|
|Current number of patients with COVID-19 in ICU||14|
|Current ICU capacity||79%|
* Results may differ from Niagara Region Public Health or the Ontario Ministry of Health due to timing of collection of the data.
**Confirmed cases only.
***Niagara Health continues to report the deaths of patients who tested positive for COVID-19, however this does not mean COVID-19 was the cause of death.