The weekend is a perfect time to take it easy at breakfast. This simple and yummy recipe with just a few ingredients and minimal time serves 8 people and makes wonderful leftovers as well.
The recipe is listed below.
FULL RECIPE LISTED BELOW
Italian Baked Eggs
serves 8 people
4 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 medium onion coarsely chopped
3 cloves garlic thinly sliced
1 teaspoon hot chile flakes
I tin (14oz/400ml) tomatoes, crushed
8 large eggs
1/4 grated cheddar or Parmigiano Reggiano
Salt and pepper
1. Place a skillet, preferably cast iron, on the grill over medium heat. 2. Add the oil and heat until hot
3. Saute chopped onion, garlic, and chile flakes and cook until softened and light brown, about 8 minutes.
4. Add the crushed tomato and bring to a simmer. Cook for about 10 minutes
5. Turn off the heat and divide the sauce into your seperate dishes (if you want you can always make one big egg dish and cook them in the skillet you cooked the sauce in)
6. Crack the eggs one by one into the your dishes. Sprinkle over your grated cheese and season with salt and pepper.
7. Cook at 400oF (200oC) for around 12-15 minutes or until as set as desired. I like it when the whites set but the yolks are still quite runny.
8. Remove the pan from the oven and let them sit for 3 minutes.
9. Sprinkle with fresh basil and serve with some toasted bread on the side. Eat and enjoy
To receive similar content, “Like” us on Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/niagarabuzz.ca
SOURCE: Gemma Stafford, YouTube