Canada Day is a federal holiday we observe officially on July 1 (Sunday) to mark the anniversary of the date that Canada became a self-governing country AND it also is a time to get out and CELEBRATE this amazing place we live in.. Here are some top pics locally…
Celebrate Canada’s 151st Birthday with family activities, live music and other free festivities on Sunday, July 1, 2018 at Rennie Park in Port Dalhousie.
The Port Dalhousie Lions Club fireworks will be held at 10:00 pm on Canada Day from Henley Island. Residents can view the fireworks from Jaycee Park or Rennie Park. Residents will not be able to access Henley Island during the fireworks display. A rain date of Monday, July 2nd, 2018 has been set.
Location: Rennie Park, 60 Lakeport Rd.
Times: July 1st, Noon to 4 p.m., Opening ceremonies begin at noon.
On Sunday, Canada Day, will be celebrated with a parade plus lots of great activities like:
- 8:00 am – 1K & 5K Run/Walk for St. John Ambulance at Oakes Park.
- 8:00 am Registration; 9:00 am Run/Walk begins.
Niagara Falls Concert Band
- 10:00 am – Niagara Falls Concert Band, outside the Niagara Falls Public Library, 4848 Victoria Avenue.
OPG Niagara Falls Canada Day Parade along Victoria Avenue to Queen Street
- 11:00 am – OPG Niagara Falls Canada Day Parade along Victoria Avenue to Queen Street, Ending at Queen and Crysler.
Canada Day Main Stage at City Hall, 4310 Queen Street
- Starting at 12:15 pm it is the– 283 Performing Arts Company (PAC).
- 12:30 pm Opening Ceremonies begin
- 1:00 pm – The Magic of Greg Frewin. Greg Frewin Show
- 1:30 pm – High School Musical.
- 1:45 pm – The Legends – Tribute to Adele, Lady Gaga, Paul McCartney & Rod Stewart.
- 2:45 pm – Niagara Falls Canada Day Passport prize draw.
- 3:00 pm – Niagara Students Rock Concert Champions & NIOMA students perform live. Hosted by NIOMA and the Downtown BIA.
- 6:00 pm – Entertainment concludes.
PLUS free stuff.
Scotiabank Children’s Zone with Free Inflatables! Queen St & Erie Avenue
- 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm Toronto FC MLS Cup & DJ Toronto FC
- 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm FREE Zip Line.
- 12:00 am – 4:00 pm Free Electronic Animal Rides.
- 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm Free Children’s Inflatables.
- 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm Free Rock Climbing Wall.
- 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm Free Family Mini-Putt.
- 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm Free Face Painting.
- 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm Reptile Kingdom.
Scotiabank Children’s Stage in the Rosberg Family Park
- 1:00 pm – Welcome by Emcees.
- 1:00 pm – Bubbleology Show with Miss T The Bubble Queen.
- 1:30 pm – MadScience.
- 2:00 pm – Isabella Hoops.
- 2:30 pm – Magician Mark Correia.
- 3:00 pm – The Sally Sue & Denim Burns Show.
- 3:30 pm – Princesses Show – Belle, Princess Elsa, & Friends.
Scotiabank Children’s Zone in the Rosberg Family Park
- 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm Free Face Painting & Community Group Displays.
- 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm Story Walk by the Niagara Falls Public Library.
- 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm Hands on Exotics.
- 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm Mad Science Fun Station.
- 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm Mad Science Fun Station.
Live Entertainment at Queen & Ontario
- 12:30 pm – Kobbler Jay.
- 1:00 pm – Isabella Hoops.
- 1:30 pm – Pymoreo Show.
- 2:00 pm – Kobbler Jay.
- 2:30 pm – Pymoreo Show.
- 3:00 pm – The Hip Hop Violinist.
- 3:30 pm – Mark Correira The Magician.
Live Entertainment at Queen & St. Clair
- 12:45 pm – Michael Francis, Strolling Magician. (2 hours)
- 1:00 pm – The Hip Hop Violinist.
- 1:30 pm – Paradisaea Aerial Dance.
- 2:00 pm – The Hip Hop Violinist.
- 2:40 pm – Bubbleology Show with Miss T the Bubble Queen.
- 3:00 pm – Paradisaea Aerial Dance.
- 3:10 pm – Bubble Station with Miss T the Bubble Queen. (30 min)
Live Entertainment at Queen St & Crysler Ave
- 1:00 pm – Randy Thomas, Country Singer.
- 1:30 pm – Eric the Juggler.
- 2:00 pm – Randy Thomas, Country Singer.
- 2:30 pm – Eric the Juggler.
- 3:00 pm – Red Dawg Taekwando.
- 3:00 pm – Randy Thomas, Country Singer.
- 3:30 pm – Checkers the Inventor (Comic, Juggler)
EXTREME Music, Dance & Sports on Queen between Crysler & St. Clair
- 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm – Chill Zone with Bean Bag Chairs & Inflatble Darts.
- 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm – Hoola Hoop Fun Zone, Eclipse & DJ Boogie & Skateboarding.
- 1:00 pm – 1:30 pm – Krusher BMX Stunt Team.
- 1:30 om – 2:00 pm – NBA All Star Q-Mack – The All Star Basketball Trick Show.
- 2:00 pm – 2:30 pm – Bubbleology Show.
- 2:00 pm – 2:30 pm – Happy Feet Dance Show.
- 2:30 pm – 3:00 pm – NBA All Star Q-Mack – The All Star Basketball Trick Show.
- 3:00 pm – 3:30 pm – Krusher BMX Stunt Team.
- 3:10 pm – 4:00 pm – Bubble Station.
Entertainment & Fireworks in Queen Victoria Park Niagara Parks
8:00 pm Coca Cola Concert Series at the Illumination Tower Stage.
10:00 pm Fireworks.
Niagara-on-the-Lake Canada Day Celebrations
Celebrate Canada Day in Niagara-on-the-Lake and Fort George with special events planned throughout the day. Festivities begin with a pancake breakfast in Simcoe Park. Watch as the 41st Regiment Fife and Drum Corps leads a giant birthday cake down Queen Street to Simcoe Park. Admission to Fort George is free on Canada Day! Join us for music, muskets and artillery demonstrations throughout the afternoon. Enjoy a BBQ dinner, music and fireworks in the evening!
Free Admission to Fort George!
10:00 am – 10:00 pm
Simcoe Park, 8:00 – 10:00 am
Canada Day Parade
Queen Street, 2:45 pm
Friends of Fort George BBQ
Fort George, 5:00 pm
Fort George, 6:30 pm
Musical Fireworks Display
Grimsby Canada Day Celebrations
Canada Day Celebrations at the Museum
Location: 6 Murray St. at Main St. W.
Times: July 1st, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Details: Join us at the Grimsby Museum for family activities: bouncy castles, musical entertainment, food, face-painting, games, crafts and much more. Free Admission.
Lincoln Canada Day Celebrations
Canada Day Festival
Location: Charles Daley Park, 1969 North Service Rd. in Jordan
Details: The fun-filled family event includes: Musical entertainment, Children’s Bouncers, Face-Painting, Fire Trucks, Mad Science, FIREWORKS at 10 pm and much more.
Pelham Canada Day Celebrations
Location: Harold Black Park, Haist St.
Times: July 1st, 1 p.m. to 11 p.m.
The Canada Day Parade will be held on Sunday, July 1 at **3:00pm** sharp!
Parade route will travel from AK Wigg to Harold Black Park
Thorold Canada Day Celebrations
Canada Day Community Celebration
Location: Battle of Beaverdams Park (Clairmont and Ormond Sts)
Times: July 1st, 1pm – 11pm
On Sunday, July 1st, 2018 join the City of Thorold as we celebrate the 151st Canada Day with a community celebration in the Battle of Beaverdams Park in downtown Thorold. There will be children’s activities, family friendly fun, entertainment and fireworks! Come dressed in red and white to celebrate our great Nation.
12pm – Opening Ceremonies
12:30pm – Niagara Military Vehicles Association
12:30pm – Calvin the Magician
1-5pm – Niagara Inflatables
1:30pm – Decorate your bike contest
2pm – Thorold reed band
3:45pm – Calvin the Magician
5pm-8:30pm – Live Music
10pm – Fireworks!
Welland Canada Day Celebrations
Times: 3pm to 10:00pm
Location: Merritt Park
Join us for a FREE celebration in Downtown Welland with music, water activities, food trucks and more!
MERRITT PARK AMPHITHEATRE
Speeches @ 3:00pm
Smudge Fundaes @ 3:30pm
Jess Stull @ 4:30pm
Vox Volins @ 7:00pm
Katy Perry Tribute @ 5:30pm
Jessica Wilson @ 7:30pm
Pink Floyd Niagara @ 8:30pm Check out some of our pics HERE from their recent show at Sanctuary in Fort Erie!
ON THE WATER
Enjoy paddle boards, pedal boats, canoes, and kayaks ALL FREE ON CANADA DAY at the King Street docks.
It doesn’t get any better than WIBIT ON THE WATER!RodeoSplash and Wibit Flip give you the ultimate cool-down experience!
IN THE PARK
Inflatables, face painting, arts and crafts, Canada Day Cake, Popup in the Park, Vendors and KubKar racing.
ON KING STREET
Food trucks and bike valet
FIREWORKS @ 9:50PM
Fort Erie Canada Day Celebrations
Canada Day Fireworks
Sunday, July 1, 2018
Enjoy the annual fireworks display from anywhere along the river between the Peace Bridge and the Old Fort. Starts at 10:00 p.m. rain or clear.
Port Colborne Canada Day Celebrations
When: July 1, 10 a.m – 9 p.m.
Where: H.H. Knoll Lakeview Park
|10:00 a.m. – 10:45 a.m. Mad Science|
|11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. Smudge Fundaes|
|12:00 p.m. Elton Lambie|
|1:00 p.m.- 1:30 p.m. Opening Ceremonies|
|1:30 p.m.-2:30 p.m. Joe Crawford|
|2:30 p.m. -3:00 p.m. Puppet Show|
|3:00 p.m.-3:30 p.m. Tara’s Highland Dance|
|3:30 p.m.-4:30 p.m. Magic by Gil|
|4:30 p.m.-5:30 p.m. Niagara Militaires Drum Corp.|
BOTTOM LINE: Why not get out and enjoy some of these awesome events!
To receive similar content, “Like” us on Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/niagarabuzz.ca