Lao Tzu (Laozi) is known as the author of the Tao Te Ching, the book of Taoism. He is said to have lived in the 6th century and as the story goes, he was a young man when Confucius visited him to discuss philosophy.
You’ve probably seen many of his quotes although there is some contention surrounding whether the text has been translated accordingly. And, this argument is not helped much by reading the text in the original language. Chinese scholars often disagree as to how particular sections are to be understood. Depending on their personal inclinations, scholars emphasize quite different aspects of the teachings attributed to Lao Tzu.
With scores of scholars studying interpretations on the Tao Te Ching through the course of centuries, Taoism has become one of the great philosophies of the world.
In spite of its loosely defined boundaries as the true body of doctrine, Lao Tzu’s quotes are inspirational and uplifting and a great way to start a day…
Twenty Inspirational Quotes
- “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”
- “The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”
- “Knowing others is intelligence; knowing yourself is true wisdom. Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power. If you realize that you have enough, you are truly rich.”
- “Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don’t resist them; that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.”
- “Those who know do not speak. Those who speak do not know.”
- “When you are content to be simply yourself and don’t compare or compete, everyone will respect you.”
- “When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.”
- “The truth is not always beautiful, nor beautiful words the truth.”
- “Time is a created thing. To say ‘I don’t have time,’ is like saying, ‘I don’t want to.”
- “The best fighter is never angry.”
- “A man with outward courage dares to die; a man with inner courage dares to live.”
- “Care about what other people think and you will always be their prisoner.”
- “Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success. Always be on the lookout for ways to turn a problem into an opportunity for success. Always be on the lookout for ways to nurture your dream.”
- “Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished.”
- “Silence is a source of Great Strength.”
- “Do you have the patience to wait until your mud settles and the water is clear?”
- “Music in the soul can be heard by the universe.”
- “The flame that burns twice as bright burns half as long.”
- “Act without expectation.”
- “Respond intelligently even to unintelligent treatment”
Have a great day!!
To receive similar content, “Like” us on Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/niagarabuzz.ca