Here is the Niagara weather forecast from Environment Canada for the week ahead. Wind warning in effect for: Niagara Falls – Welland – Southern Niagara Region – St. Catharines – Grimsby – Northern Niagara Region.
Very strong winds expected today gusting between 100 and 120 km/h. Widespread utility outages may occur. Damage to buildings, such as to roof shingles and windows, may occur. High winds may cause downed trees or toss loose objects. Store or anchor objects so they are not tossed by the wind causing injury or damage. Be prepared to adjust your driving with changing road conditions due to high winds. Now the more detailed forecast:
Mainly cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. Risk of a thunderstorm this morning. Wind southwest 40 km/h gusting to 70 increasing to 70 gusting to 100 this afternoon. High 15. UV index 1 or low.
Cloudy with 60 percent chance of rain showers or flurries early this evening then 40 percent chance of flurries late this evening then partly cloudy. Wind west 50 km/h gusting to 80 diminishing to 30 gusting to 50 after midnight. Low minus 1.
Sun, 12 Dec
Sunny. Wind southwest 40 km/h gusting to 60. High plus 5. UV index 1 or low.
Cloudy periods. Windy. Low plus 3.
Mon, 13 Dec
A mix of sun and cloud. High 6.
Cloudy periods. Low plus 2.
Tue, 14 Dec
A mix of sun and cloud. High plus 5.
Cloudy. Low plus 4.
Wed, 15 Dec
Cloudy with 40 percent chance of showers. High 8.
Cloudy. Low 9.
Thu, 16 Dec
Cloudy with 30 percent chance of showers. High 10.
Cloudy. Low plus 2.
To receive similar content, “Like” us on Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/niagarabuzz.ca