Ottawa Police Chief Charles Bordeleau says that investigators have ruled out a second gunman in the attack on Parliament Hill yesterday.
Michael Zehaf-Bibeau killed Cpl. Nathan Cirillo at the National War Memorial, before bursting into the Parliament Buildings and being killed by police Wednesday morning.
The story of Zehaf-Bibeau is starting to unfold as police sources say they have located and seized his belongings from the Ottawa Mission, a homeless shelter nearby he had been staying at and telling residents that the end of the world was nearby. He also had been asking for assistance to buy a new car.
RCMP Commissioner Bob Paulson said the Mounties have “no information” linking yesterday’s attack to one that occurred in St-Jean-sur-Richelieu on Monday where two Canadian Forces members were struck by Martin Couture-Rouleau.
One soldier, Patrice Vincent, died in the attack and Couture-Rouleau was shot and killed by police. Paulson did say that Zehaf-Bibeau was known to the RCMP however.
Prime Minister Stephen Harper spoke yesterday regarding the incident and indicated that Canada will not be intimidated by the “brutal and violent attack.”
SOURCE: CBC, Photo: Twitter