The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of an ongoing Homicide investigation.
Toronto homicide detectives confirmed late yesterday afternoon that they believe a 22 year old missing Mississauga man is that city’s latest murder victim. Police spent days scouring a Wainfleet property looking for evidence that would lead them to the body of Shawn Kapadia who was last seen at his Mississauga home July 5th at around 2pm.
It is reported that:
- on Friday, July 10, 2015, the Peel Regional Police Service began an investigation into Shawn Kapadia, 22, missing from Mississauga
- on Sunday, July 12, 2015, the Toronto Police Service responded to an unrelated call at 118-7 Foundry Avenue
- based on evidence at the address, the investigation led police to a home on O’Reilly’s Road South, in Wainfleet, Ontario
- with the assistance of the Niagara Regional Police Service, investigators found the missing man’s car, a silver Pontiac G6, at the home
- investigators believe Shawn Kapadia has been murdered (pic below)
- his body has yet to be located
Information has been received that an older model John Deere backhoe was seen arriving at the home on the weekend of Friday, July 10, 2015, and leaving on Sunday, July 12, 2015, travelling eastbound on River Road, from Philips Road towards Welland.
Anyone who may have seen the backhoe, the silver Pontiac, or who has information, is asked to contact Detective Dave Dickinson at 416-808-7400, extension 77418, or Niagara Regional Police Service at 905-688-4111, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
To receive similar Police Report updates, “Like” us on Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/niagarabuzz.ca