Police say, in the summer of 2016 members of the Central Region Street Crime Unit began an investigation into the allegations of two Welland residents trafficking in various controlled substances. This alleged drug trafficking operation was occurring in a quiet residential neighborhood, causing distress to innocent citizens living nearby.
On July 8th, 2016 a Controlled Drugs and Substances Act search warrant was executed at this residence. As a result of this investigation, Gary SMAGATA, a 36 year old and Ashley HANSON, a 29 year old both residents of Welland, Ontario are charged with:
1. Possession of a schedule I substance; oxycodone, for the purpose of trafficking
2. Possession of a schedule I substance; morphine, for the purpose of trafficking
3. Produce a schedule II substance; canabis marijuana
4. Possession of a schedule I substance; fentanyl
5. Possession of a schedule I substance; oxycodone
6. Possession of a schedule II substance; cannabis marijuana <30 grams
7. Possession of proceeds of property obtained by crime under $5000.00
8. Possession of a prohibited weapon
As a result of this investigation police seized approximately $15,000.00 in Cannabis Marijuana, $700.00 in prescription medication and $2870.00 in Canadian Currency.
Both parties will be held in custody pending a bail hearing on Friday July 9th 2016.
To receive similar content, “Like” us on Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/niagarabuzz.ca