Andre Gallant is a true Canadian photographic treasure that hails from Saint John New Brunswick . He has travelled the world and captured it all with his expressive style of photography. He is a regular contributor to Photo Life, has extensively contributed to well-known magazines like Canadian Living and En Route and is also the recipient of two national magazine awards.
Gallant will be in town next week for a special presentation hosted by the Welland Camera Club on Wednesday Oct. 29th at 7 :30 pm in the Wesley United Church hall.
The evening is all about getting motivated to pick up your own camera and using your imagination! Gallant will also be promoting his new book.
Why not get off the couch and get creative with a pro for a night? The Welland Camera Club is extending the invitation to everyone out there in the hopes that they have some fun and get involved with this great hobby.
The presentation is free for Welland Camera Club members and $5.00 for non-members of the club.
More information is available at: wellandcameraclub
About the Welland Camera Club
The Welland Camera Club provides members of the community interested in photography an opportunity to come together to share, learn, and develop photographic skills in an environment that is mutually supportive and encourages growth of artistic vision and technical knowledge.
The club’s aim is to foster and promote photography through educational presentations, workshops, image evaluation and field trips. The club encourages all skill levels to share photographic knowledge and experience, to provide instruction, and provide assistance to inexperienced photographers.
If anyone is interested in finding out about our club, they are invited to attend a couple of meetings before deciding whether to join. Meetings are the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of each month September through November and January through April at:
Wesley United Church
244 First Avenue
Meetings start at 7:30 PM
Members enjoy the following features:
- an excellent opportunity to improve one’s photographic technique
- 6 monthly digital image competitions during the year
- 4 monthly print competitions during the year
- live image evaluations during the year
- shows that are entertaining, informative and instructional
- opportunities to discuss photographic equipment, techniques, ideas and problems with experienced photographers
- a variety of annual competitions in different media for different levels of ability and
- arranged outings and photo workshops.