Yay! It’s the weekend!!
Surprise your family or friends with a super fun (and easy) breakfast pizza! It only takes a few minutes to pull together and bakes in less than 10 minutes.
Recipe: Breakfast Pizza
A satisfying breakfast pizza made with thick pita bread, bacon, fried runny egg, cheese, and topped off with scallions. A quick and easy breakfast pizza recipe the whole family will love!
- olive oil
- 4 pieces – whole wheat flat bread (not to be mistaken for pita pockets)
- 4 ounces shredded Italian blend cheese (Mozzarella, Parmesan, Provolone)
- 8 pieces bacon, cooked and cut in half
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley or green scallions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Brush olive oil on each side of the flat bread.
- Place pita on baking sheets and sprinkle cheese evenly between the four pieces.
- Place four bacon halves on each pita around the outside perimeter. Crack an egg in the center of the pizza. Bake for 8 minutes. If the egg is still not completely cooked, place each baking sheet under the broiler on the low setting. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes until egg whites are no longer runny – make sure to leave the door crack and check for doneness.
SOURCE: PBS Parents, YouTube
To receive similar content, “Like” us on Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/niagarabuzz.ca