Niagara Falls Santa Claus Parade
Saturday, November 14, 2015 at 11:00 am.
The Niagara Falls Santa Claus Parade , named one of the top 100 festivals and events in Ontario, is one of the largest free events in Niagara Falls. Last year, more than 12,000 people of all ages lined the streets to enjoy the parade. Here are some of the details if you plan to head out!
- Time of parade is from 11:00 am to 12:30 pm.
- Set-up time for participants starts at 9:00 am along Armoury Street and Jepson Street.
- The Santa Meet & Greet is from 12:45 pm to 2:30 pm in front of City Hall (4310 Queen Street, Niagara Falls)
- The parade will be Downtown Niagara Falls from Victoria Street to Queen Street, ending in front of City Hall.
- This year’s Parade will feature a new float for Mrs. Claus and amazing marching bands. Here are just a few of our terrific bands: Collingwood Collegiate Marching Band, Orchard Park High School Quaker Marching Band, Grimsby Pipe Band, PK Hummingbird Steel Orchestra and the Maraca’tall band. In addition, the parade will feature Stilt Walkers, Circus Jonathan, amazing Niagara Falls High School floats, the Zoosemobile and more! When you spot the 25’ Inflatable Big Bird and hear the Burlington Top Hat Marching Orchestra, you’ll know Santa is not far behind as our Grand Finale!
During the Parade:
- Tim Horton’s Mobile van will be selling coffee and hot chocolate for $1.25 each at Valley Way and Queen Street (donating all proceeds to local charities).
- The Salvation Army will be giving away free hot chocolate at the Rosberg Family Park (Queen & Erie)
- Free Face Painting, Balloons and Caricatures at Bella’s Café beside City Hall
- Canada Post will be collecting letters to Santa along the parade route. Remember to include a return address, so Santa can answer your letter!
- Project SHARE will be collecting food donations along the Parade route.
After the Parade at Niagara Falls City Hall (4310 Queen Street):
- Meet & Greet with Santa Claus.
- Check out the Sears Canada Parka Display.
- Visit the Ti-Cat Cheerleaders at the Scotiabank Tent.
- Pick up your City Parent Loot Bag (while supplies last).
- Drop by the GoodLife Fitness Tent.
- Visit the Minacs Tent.
For full details on this year’s parade, click here. It includes a map of the route, available parking lots, and activities for the kids.
To receive similar content, “Like” us on Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/niagarabuzz.ca