When Was The Last Time You Had A Conversation With Yourself? Questions are powerful tools because they invoke insights and discoveries. They also jump start our pursuit to divulge the most relevant-sometimes unimagined- information we need to focus on our current state of being.
So, turn the tables today. Have a key conversation with yourself and see where it leads. Ask yourself these 27 questions and then answer them with unabashed reflection. Take the opportunity to challenge your own ideals and to shed light on your gap between where you are and who you want to be.
- Let’s say that you cannot fail. Given that premise, what things would you now do?
- Take a few minutes to think back over your life. At what times have you felt the most alive? And, why? What made those times electric?
- What things (subjects, acts, events) are you avoiding in your life right now? Why? What will happen if you stop avoiding them?
- What dream do you continue to ignore but it keeps coming back to you anyway? Why do you continue to ignore it?
- Do you find yourself influencing your world, or does your world (environment, etc.) influence you?
- When do you feel at your best? What things are you then doing? What people are you around at these times?
- What is the story you are writing for yourself each day?
- Do you believe you are the author of your life? Penning your own story?
- What price are you willing to pay for giving up or living your dream?
- Can you list your values in life? What are they?
- Does your career and life align to those core values?
What things keep you up at night worrying? What things do you lie in bed thinking about at night?
- Are you the kind of friend you’d want to have as a friend?
- Are you the kind of person that you would like to meet?
- In what ways do you sabotage your success?
- In what ways do you allow other do sabotage your success?
- What do you actually want out of life?
- Do you constantly dwell on and relive the past? What things, people, events, and places do you hold on to out of habit that no longer feels good?
- Do you surround yourself with positive, life-affirming people / friends who want the best for you?
- How do you feel when you are out with your friends? Do you feel energized and ready to meet your goals or do you feel drained in negative?
- Do your friends support your success?
- What do you want to be remembered for at the end of your life? Does that match how you are living today?
- What can you do right now that would make the biggest impact to living your ideal life?
- Why don’t you do the things you know you should be doing?
- If you were not going to be successful achieving your dreams, what would you say would be the reasons why it wouldn’t happen?
- What lies do you tell yourself? (By the way, excuses are simply lies we tell ourselves to justify our behavior.)
- Why were you put on earth?
Whew! You’re done. Did anything surprise you, worry you, or is anything impacting your well-being? If so, what are you going to do about it?
To receive similar content, “Like” us on Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/niagarabuzz.ca