Who says snack food has to be junk food?! There are SO many options when it comes to awesome munchies that tickle the tastebuds and are healthy. So don’t feel guilty…dig in!
– Kale chips or homemade potato chips in the oven
– Organic popcorn MAKE IT STOVETOP, the way grandma used to do it with some coconut oil and sea salt and even nutritional yeast (B12) to make it “cheesy” ….they will love how fresh it tastes and NEVER want to eat the “cancer-causing” microwave popcorn again!
– Flax crackers or fresh veggie sticks with hummus, guacamole or white bean dip
– Chia seeds with organic yogurt (try choosing goat or sheep as its better digested, less allergenic and nutrients are better absorbed), berries & cinnamon
– Raw, unsalted trail mix with organic nuts, seeds and favorite dried organic fruit like dried apricots, blueberries, cranberries, apples but make sure your fruit is organic
– Whole organic fruit instead of fruit juice
– Raw juices 1 cup (For this you will need to buy a juicer & I recommend Omega Juicers)
– Kombucha 1 cup (Rise Kombucha is made in Quebec, organic and raw and a great substitute for soda)
– Homemade flavoured water. Just add one or two of the following: berries, thinly sliced cucumbers, fresh lemon/lime juice, sliced ginger or even mint leaves!
– Low glycemic organic fruit in morning (berries, apple, pear or mix fruit with protein powder like Sunwarrior which is organic and raw, gluten-free and vegan)
– Hide greens and veggies in foods like muffins, meat or lentil loafs, sauces, pureed soups, meat or bean burgers or balls