Whose says healthy has to be boring? Check out these easy to make and yummy bars!
CHOCOLATE RICE CRISPY BARS
Gluten-free, Vegan & Peanut/Tree Nut free
Makes 24-36 3” bars
6 cups Koala Crisps Organic Gluten-Free Chocolate cereal
2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
½ cup raw unsalted pumpkin seeds
¾ cup maple syrup
½ cup organic tahini
½ cup organic sunflower seed butter
¼ cup organic coconut oil
1/3 cup molasses
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- In a sauce pan over medium-low heat mix maple syrup, tahini, sunflower seed butter, coconut oil, molasses and vanilla extract until melted and blended.
- Pour liquid mixture into a blender with remaining dry ingredients and mix until dry ingredients are well coated (less than 1 minute).
- Pour into 12 x 17 rectangular pan lined with parchment paper and spread firmly and evenly.
- Cool in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Cut into desired sized squares or rectangles. To make it FUN, use cookie cutters and cut out different shapes but dip cutter in hot water to help cut through the rice crispy mixture.